Monday, June 8, 2009

The Cross Canada Run - Wayne Cho over 8000 km of Hope


Wayne Cho began running across Canada (East to West) on May 23, 2008. This week he arrived in Vancouver.
Wayne is running to raise awareness of anxiety and depression. Each day he is breaking down the stigma one foot in front of the other at a time.
Today Wayne came and met with some staff at CMHA VB Branch. Tonight he will meet some participants of our Chinese Mental Health Promotion Program. As I felt this afternoon, they will be impressed, inspired and awed by this amazing young man.
Wayne, speaks with such clarity and passion about facing your fears and just trying your best. He believes in the power that is in all of us and our ability to do great things. His accomplishment is an example.
I want to recommend that everyone take some time and read Wayne's blog. It is a rare and wonderful look at Canada, Canadians and the power to change minds.
Thanks Wayne.

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca, thank you for the kind words. It warms my heart to have met the CMHA VB Branch staff who passionately care for those affected by mental illness. I also enjoyed a great reception by the Chinese Mental Health Promotion Program. I trekked across the country to spread the message of hope but the reality is that I was only able to complete my journey with the incredible hope that all of you have shown me.

    ReplyDelete